Kazi Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Horn Vineyard 2021 (Sonoma Valley, California)

Kazi Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Horn Vineyard 2021
(Sonoma Valley, California)


Regular price $39.97
/

Size
Only 22 items in stock!

About the Winemaker:

John’s winemaking philosophy encompasses natural fermentation, minimal sulfite addition and no fining or filtration. The grape sourcing is from organic or sustainably farmed vineyards. The wine style is a hybrid between New and Old World methods showcasing the ripe fruit of California.

About the Wine: 

Cabernet Sauvignon Clone 6 – Horn Vineyard, Sonoma Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Clone 6 is a very low-yielding grape and has not been planted widely. The grapes have a very high skin-to-juice ratio due to the small berry size and produce a strong and dark-colored wine with very fine tannins. This particular vintage is about 96% Clone 6 with the remaining 4% Clone 4 and Merlot. It is a special wine as only a handful of wineries are still producing a Clone 6 Cabernet Sauvignon. Aged for 21 months in French oak barrels, using natural fermentation, minimal sulfite additions, and no interventions such as fining and filtration.
Pairs well with steak, hamburger, short rib, lamb, boar, venison, mushroom risotto, hard cheeses, and Gorgonzola.

Date harvested: September 23rd
Brix: 26.2
ph: 3.62
Bottled: July 2023
Alc: 14.2%