Domaine Marcel Lapierre 'Le Beaujolais' 2022
Regular price $36.00 Sale price $31.97 Save $4.03
About the winery:
The methods at Lapierre are just as revolutionary as they are traditional; the detail and precision with which they work is striking and entirely different from the mass-produced majority of Beaujolais on the market today. Decomposed granite comprises most of their eleven hectares, and the vines are an average of 45 years of age. Grapes are picked at the last possible moment to obtain the ripest fruit, which is a trademark of the estate style. The Lapierres age their wines on fine lees for at least nine months in oak foudres and fûts ranging from three to thirteen years old. These wines are the essence of Morgon: bright, fleshy fruit with a palatable joie de vivre that was undoubtedly inherited from their creator.
About this wine:
- Sourced from three parcels that are just across the village line of Morgon in Lancié, a neighboring commune of Villié Morgon.
- Semi-carbonic maceration without SO2, for 10-21 days, and spends 6 months in “cuve”
- Unlike with the entry-level Raisins Gaulois cuvée, this wine is bottled in the spring instead of winter.
- It is the mid-way cuvée between “Raisins Gaulois” and Morgon
- Certified organic by Ecocert
- Old-vines with naturally low yields
- Organic farming used to stimulate the natural immune system of the vine
- Manually harvested, as late as possible to achieve maximum ripeness
- Rigorous sorting of the grapes
- Indigenous yeasts only
- Whole cluster fermentation à l’ancienne, maintained at low temperatures ; lasts for ten to twenty days
- Wines aged on fine lees in old Burgundy barrels (from third to thirteenth passage)
- Wines are bottled unfiltered
Ratings & Reviews90 Points - James Suckling (2021):
"Brimming with garden herb, strawberry and cranberry aromas this Beaujolais is sleek and crisp with stacks of energy at the long, super-refreshing finish. Unfiltered. Drink now." (Jan 2023)