Domaine Isle Saint Pierre Rose IGP Mediterranee 2022
(Southern Rhone, France)
Regular price $15.00 Sale price $13.97 Save $1.03
AT A GLANCE
- Founded in 1927, Domaine Isle Saint Pierre is located on a small island in the Rhône River. It is run today by fourth generation vigneron Julien Henry.
- The proximity to the water provides a cooling influence that allows the wines to retain great freshness even in the far south of France, and deep well-draining sedimentary soils comprised of sand and silt.
- Because of the terroir and temperature, they are able to grow varietals that thrive in a Continental climate, such as Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay and Sauvignon.
- In 2018, the estate received the Vignerons Développement Durable certification in recognition of their commitment to sustainable winegrowing.
- Domaine Isle Saint Pierre is our answer to lively, easy-drinking “bistro-style” wines that are perfect for everyday drinking!
VARIETAL NOTES: 30% Cab Franc, 30% Merlot, 15% Vermentino, 5% Colombard, 5% Petit Verdot, 5% Arinarnoa, 5% Carmenere, 3%Tannat, 2% Syrah
VINEYARD: 200 hectares on an island by the mouth of the Rhone river.
SOIL: Sand, silt, alluvial soils of the Rhone
VITICULTURE: Sustainable, no weed-killers, no synthetic fertilizers.
VINIFICATION: Cold maceration, 100% free-run juice