Champagne Colin "Paranthese" Premier Cru Extra Brut 2009
Regular price $75.00 Sale price $59.97 Save $15.03
12-PACK PRICE = $57.97 per item (add 12+ quantity to your basket)
About the winery:
The Colin family have been growers for many generations, starting way back in 1829. In 1997 Richard and Romain abandoned the local co-operative system to become independent grower-producers. Most of the 10-hectare estate is planted with Chardonnay, the King of grapes in Champagne, located in the prestigious Côtes des Blancs villages of Vertus, Bergères-les-Vertus and Cuis, for classified Premier Cru and in the villages of Cramant and Oiry, for the Classified Grand Crus.
About This Wine:
This cuvee is made from Chardonnay grapes - very rich in 2009 - and balanced by the blend of Pinot Noir. Its name reflects the moment of savoring it as well as the limited quantity of this cuvee.
• Composition: 88% Chardonnay, 12% Pinot Noir.
• Terroir: Vertus Premier Cru.
• Average age of vines: 40 years.
• Vinification: partial malolactic fermentation. Aged for at least 5 years in our cool cellars and 6 months after disgorging.
• Year: 2009, rich and aromatic.
• Dosage: 5g/l, Extra Brut. Tasting:
• Eye: golden yellow robe with glinting highlights.
• Nose: a smooth nose opening on notes of candied citrus fruit and almonds, developing on aromas of honey and sweet spices.
• Mouth: a creamy, buttery mouth with accents of pear and vanilla and notes of fresh grasses and recently-cut hay with just a hint of saline emerging at the finish. With its attractive length and persistence, this cuvee has real soul and exceptional aromatic complexity